- The Powder Keg (26 Jun 2022)
Summary: Conservatives fail to do the math, every time
- Close Reading of Roe v Wade (15 May 2022)
Summary: We need federal abortion laws
- Twitter Troubles, or the 280-Character Blues (01 May 2022)
Summary: What to do with the social media site of record?
- The Care and Feeding of Plain Text (27 Apr 2022)
Summary: Storing information for flexible use later
- Don't Feed the Invisible Authoritarians (24 Apr 2022)
Summary: More media criticism
- The World's Slowest, Dumbest Botnet ⚠️ (20 Feb 2022)
Summary: The shakedown (apparently) sweeping the globe
- Superheroes Behaving Badly (21 Nov 2021)
Summary: When creators misunderstand their creations...
- Women Deserve Better Than Roe, Anyway (05 Sep 2021)
Summary: Two wrong Supreme Court decisions don't make a right
- Age Cohorts, Ruining Things, and Apocalypses (15 Aug 2021)
Summary: The enduring stupidity of age cohorts
- The Need for Modern Web Application Frameworks (08 Aug 2021)
Summary: The state of the art must have changed...
- GitHub Copilot and Other Programming Doom (18 Jul 2021)
Summary: It's the end of software...again
- Attracting Job Candidates (27 Jun 2021)
Summary: How to hire your own John, or an off-brand equivalent
- Managing Priorities (13 Jun 2021)
Summary: What is worth doing?
- Do the Work (06 Jun 2021)
Summary: You're an ally? Show, don't tell.
- Winning the Twenty-First Century (30 May 2021)
Summary: Systems of government that work
- Explaining Cryptocurrency (16 May 2021)
Summary: A rundown, so that cryptocurrencies don't seem like magic
- Belated FSF Discussion (09 May 2021)
Summary: My take on the Free Software Foundation/Richard Stallman issue
- Media Websites Wanted... (02 May 2021)
Summary: I consider websites that seem missing
- Superheroes and Race (07 Mar 2021)
Summary: Thinking about the prospects of a Superman reboot
- Explaining Gender to the Biased (28 Feb 2021)
Summary: Social constructs, genders, and the like
- An Unexpected Case for Reparations (14 Feb 2021)
Summary: The laziest case for Reparations
- ...Perchance to Dream (10 Jan 2021)
Summary: An attempt at sleep hygiene
- Loving It and/or Leaving It and What “It” Might Be (15 Nov 2020)
Summary: Considering what it means to like something
- Post-Election Reconciliation (08 Nov 2020)
Summary: What to expect when we're expecting violence
- Politics in Art and Technology (18 Oct 2020)
Summary: The Sargasso Sea of apolitical art?
- Voting as a Communal Activity (11 Oct 2020)
Summary: We don't vote correctly
- Personal Pronouns, Revisited (20 Sep 2020)
Summary: I was probably wrong, so...
- The Fight of the Century (and The Last Century) (06 Sep 2020)
Summary: How did we get here and where is here?
- Of Course Political Parties Don't Reflect You! (30 Aug 2020)
Summary: Thinking about what democracy means as a practice
- Wanted — Ethical Media Consumption (02 Aug 2020)
Summary: Theorizing about what "ethical viewing" might mean.
- Words Are Hard, I Guess... (21 Jun 2020)
Summary: Breaking down terms that some people refuse to understand
- Sitting Is the New Blah, Blah, Blah (14 Jun 2020)
Summary: I stand a lot. Maybe this is advice.
- Some Updates (07 Jun 2020)
Summary: Additional thoughts on earlier posts
- I Have a Banana in My Ear! 🍌 (15 Mar 2020)
Summary: Precautions always look stupid
- We Are What We Do (08 Mar 2020)
Summary: Where labels help and where they fail
- On Electability and Complicity (01 Mar 2020)
Summary: Who is electable? What makes supporters toxic?